Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Old Farts Part II

Well THIS one's absolutely true - because I did it.

There's a little chinese take out place about a half mile from
home. One rainy evening, after dusk, I stopped in on my way
home to get some take out. My windshield defroster wasn't
working well and the windshield was fogging up if I kept the
windows up.

While waiting for my food I grabbed some napkins, got a cup
of water and went out and cleaned the inside of my windshield
in hopes that it would reduce the fogging problem.

Now if you've owned, or been in a Ford Aerostar, you know that
it's quiet a reach to get ALL of the inside of the windshield - and
the lighting wasn't that great, it being a rainy night.

Got the driver's side done and walked around to the passenger
side to do that side of the windshield. Got in and found I was
sitting on a backpack. I figured one of the kids I'd given a ride
home from school had left their back pack.

Only when I had to move the little chinese lantern with the
red silk fringe out of the way to clean the middle of the
windshield - did I realize this wasn't my van. Hadn't even
noticed that THIS aerostar didn't have the kayak roof rack
that's on my van.

Went inside and laughingly told the owner about my OOPS!
He went in the back, said something in chinese and at least
two people in the kitchen started laughing their asses off
- in chinese of course. When he returned, still laughing, he
told me the cook thanks me for cleaning his windshield.

Every time I went into that place to get some food the
owner would yell something in chinese and laughter from
the back would follow.

I figure if it made someone smile, or laugh out loud, well
sharing a screw up that does that sure beats the hell
out of the ones that involve blood and/or bruises.

My name is charlie b and I approved this tale - which is,
swear to god, true.

charlie b