Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Is my TV digital?

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:47:38 -0800 (PST), Red
wrote:

On Jan 12, 10:01*am, Kevin Ricks wrote:

Isn't that limited to people who have NO TV source other than antenna?

Here is a quote from the official web site:https://www.dtv2009.gov/

.... but supplies are limited. There are 22.25 million coupons available
to all U.S. households. Once those coupons have been used, there are an
additional 11.25 million coupons available only to households that
solely receive their TV broadcasts over-the-air using an antenna.
Households with TVs connected to cable, satellite or other pay TV
service are not eligible for this second batch of coupons. Consumers can
apply for coupons until March 31, 2009, or until the funds are exhausted.

Apparently no one is concerned that the analog VCR's are going to be
obsolete also. As I understand it, they will no longer be able to be
programmed for multiple OTA channels, but limited to the single
channel that the converter box is set to. Correct??

I use a VCR mostly for playing tapes and for making copies for people
without DVD. Neither use has anything to do with as tuner.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."