Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Wayne S Wayne S is offline

Default Changing the plug on Welder Cable

wrote in message
news
I just bought a used welder which is larger than my old one. The
seller only sold the welder, not his cables. The cables on my old
welder are fine, and are supposedly made for all welders. At least
that is what I thought. For some reason the plug on the Ground Cable
on this new welder is thicker than the Hot one, so the standard cable
plugs fall right out. Yesterday I stopped at our local farm supply

Understand you've already cut off the smaller plug. Faced a similar
situation with both my leads and made "collets" to adapt between the two
sizes. Turned to fit inside the larger female plug and drilled to fit the
smaller male plug, split with hacksaw. I used brass.

Wayne Sippola
Moose Jaw