Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Cunning plan....

tony sayer wrote:
In article , geoff
scribeth thus
In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
dtechy wrote:
The Medway Handyman;1799622 Wrote:
I heard of a case recently where a pikey electrocuted himself by
hack
sawing through a live cable he was trying to steal for the copper.

I've spotted a niche market here which could make my fortune.

The plan is to buy a load of those 0
Maplins (the ones that light up near a live cable).

I'm going to re package them & sell them for 0 Protector".

I already have the advertising tag line worked out; "Protect a Pikey
for a Pony".

The only problem is where to advertise them?

Can anyone suggest suitable magazines to reach my target market?

-- Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257
Could you keep your racial stereotypes to yourself MH and keep the
subject on DIY, unless you believe that pikey's (you really mean romany
gypsies, but feel that if you use another term it isn't racist)
No.Romany Gypsies are fine. Its thieving pikey *******s we mean.
Usuallt pure bred english mongrel not a hint of furrin in em anywhere.

Its not a racial thing, its a lifestyle thing. People who live
parasitically on society..
or
perhaps you have never heard of any crimes ever being commited by
anyone apart from a traveller. By the way I live in a house in a city
where crime is committed by all sorts of people - even handy men.

Sure. But THIS sort of crime is done by Thieving Pikey *******s..

Oh dear - agreeing with NP, whatever next ...

NP has often got a lot of good points.. And on this one I'm in total
agreement having suffered at the hands of these thieving Pikey Outlaw
scum...

If they were genuine throwbacks to an earlier time, I'd say fine: deal
with them on their own terms, Go in with assegais and shields and drive
them off your tribal territory.

But they are wise to that and invoke as much of the law and liberal
thinking as suits them, and disregard that which doesn't.

What the PC liberals don't understand, is that other people are not like
them, do not have the same guilty consciences or the same trembling
sensitivity to other peoples' feelings.

They give everybody every incentive to get away with almost everything,
and then wonder why, when they finally cross a line that is at best
arbitrary, we end up with prisons full to overflowing.

I am sure every thieving pikey ******* has a tale to tell of heart
rending deprivation, moral agony and insult and the like. So have most
people, if they choose to represent themselves in those terms. The
simple fact of it is that irrespective of where you come from or what
you have been through, if you want to join the club, you have to obey
the club rules, and if you don't want to join the club, you don't get
the club privileges.

If you want to live in a motor caravan, it has to conform to the
regukatins of motir vehicles when on the road, or be permanently parked
off rod,.

If it is to be parked, it has to comply with bye-laws. Or be on private
land, that is designated with planning permission for that purpose.

If you park on common land, you do not light fires or leave bags of
rubbish everywhere.

I wouldn't mind in te slightest if the odd traveller parked up on a bit
of scarp land for a few days, in a street legal machine, did whatever
work they could find, took their rubbish to the tip, and moved on
leaving it clean and tidy.

Or properly provisioned campsites with rental paid and council taxes
imposed on the site to deal with provision of basic facilities..

But people who come in tens, take over a section of public land,
depriving others of its use, pay nothing to anyone and leave it in a
total mess of waste, and create a local rime wave?

I can't BLAME the pikeys. They are allowed to get away with it,so they
do. Its like certain peoples' kids that I know. Their parents dutifully
tidy their rooms, prepare their food, wash their clothes, and hand out
money to them irrespective of whether the kids do anything in return
whatsoever, and then wonder why their kids are rude,opinionated, total
sluts, and appear to act as if the world owes them a living for nothing
in return.

They have been brought up with *precisely* that ethos.

One of my younger relatives was a fairly typical specimen. I sdaid 'I am
going to Silverstone for te Grand Prix practice on Friday: If you want
to come, your job is to spray off 20 square yards of bramble with
roundup, hack back the underfgrowth and be up at 8.am. when I will be
leaving'

The kid,who normally appeared about 12a.m, bleary, and seldom did
anything, dutifully and enthusiastically cleared the brambles, and was
ready to go when I stumbled downstairs..

Linking effort and rewards, as well as crime and punishment, is what the
Liberal PC world of Nu Laber simply fails to understand.

The whole root of Marxist thinking 'to each according to his needs, and
from each according to his abilities' is complete **********.

It completely incentivises everyone to be as lazy and useless as
possible, and gives no incentive whatsoever to develop useful skills and
abilities. The better you are the more gets taken away. The more useless
you are, the more you get given. This specious crap was written by a man
who could barely tie his own shoelaces. Entirely so that idiots like him
wouldn't get trampled underfoot.

Marxism is self defeating ultimately, its just the pain and ruin of a
society that everyone has to go through before they realize this, that
is the problem.

Russia today might as well have stayed under the Tsars. There is still
an ultra rich ruling elite, and everyone else works for them.

You get what you wish for. ASBOS and thieving pikey *******s are
precisely the effect a policy of ideological idiocy (==Nu Soschlim)
*encourages*.

Until Nu Laber reslizes that the way to get everyone to 'develop their
full potential', is to make it *worth their while*, prattling on about
it will have zero effect.

If passing excellent and bloody difficult exams, made it possible to go
to a university of class, to study difficult subjects with NO implied
debt thereafter, you would have people queueing up to take them. Not
complaining about 'how hard they are'

If, as it should be,people had to wait YEARS to establish a record of
savings and fiscal prudence, before they were even allowed an overdraft,
let alone a mortgage, house prices would be a lot more 'affordable'.

If the council. instead of standing idly bu, offered the pikeys a
thousand quid to clean up all the mess in their camps, and in fact every
other camp, and take it to the tip, your town would be sparklingly clean.

If in fact, you got paid £2.50 =- say - a bag for rubbish collected and
placed at the council tip, you probably wouldn't need council refuse
collectors at all, and it would work out cheaper in the longer term.