Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Cunning plan....

tony sayer wrote:
Could you keep your racial stereotypes to yourself MH and keep the
subject on DIY, unless you believe that pikey's (you really mean romany
gypsies, but feel that if you use another term it isn't racist) or
perhaps you have never heard of any crimes ever being commited by
anyone apart from a traveller. By the way I live in a house in a city
where crime is committed by all sorts of people - even handy men.

OK outlaws then?...

Yup. I think Our Tone has hit the pikey on the head.

People who, irrespective of racial, ethnic, religious, or any other
origin, choose (or find they have no option but) to live more or less
outside the laws of what constitutes consensus society.

Who don't pay income or council tax, don't tax, insure or MOT their
vehicles half the time, probably run them on central heating oil stolen
from tanks, make what little money they do by stealing what is easy to
steal and selling it on, and whose idea of refuse disposal is to simply
leave it where it is, and move on.

But who probably DO use free hospital dental and medical serveices, and
occasionally free education. Who mots certainly use free roads, water
and probabaly someone else's electricity.

Hunter Gatherers in an urban society.