Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Cunning plan....

Rob wrote:
Andy Cap wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:30:01 +0000, dtechy
wrote:
Could you keep your racial stereotypes to yourself MH and keep the
subject on DIY, unless you believe that pikey's (you really mean
romany gypsies, but feel that if you use another term it isn't
racist) or perhaps you have never heard of any crimes ever being
commited by anyone apart from a traveller. By the way I live in a
house in a city where crime is committed by all sorts of people -
even handy men.

I don't give a toss what you call them but they are a PITA.

Cost Councils i.e. tax payers, a small fortune to clear up after
them and in mostly futile attempts to stop them invading public
spaces, which they then foul up. Farmers too are firced to blight
the countryside with any means at hand to stop these freeloaders,
who no doubt when ill, are first in line at A&E and when their
roaving days are over, expect their kids to be educated at
facitilies provided by others or live in public provided housing.
Not to mention their crappy vans, which I simply do not believe
would pass the MOT test that the lawabiding are forced to adhere to.
There's nothing racist about it.

I don't mind them opting our if they can find someone to provide a
suitable field for free buit don't then expect to take advantage of
the facilities provided by the hard work of other. If you want to
live in the stoneage, then that's your choice but you can't expect
to have it both way and be welcomed. Andy

Racist: noun 1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities,
or qualities specific to each race. 2 discrimination against or
antagonism towards other races. (OED)

You *are* racist; get over it. Or, preferably, have a read of 'Bury Me
Standing: Gypsies and Their Journey' by Isabel Fonseca, and you might
rethink.

I think you are confusing Pikeys & Gypsies Rob. True Gypsies (of which
there are few) don't cause the trouble & stress to locals that Pikeys do.
Two entirely different things.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk