Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Cunning plan....

Andy Cap wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:30:01 +0000, dtechy
wrote:

Could you keep your racial stereotypes to yourself MH and keep the
subject on DIY, unless you believe that pikey's (you really mean
romany gypsies, but feel that if you use another term it isn't
racist) or perhaps you have never heard of any crimes ever being
commited by anyone apart from a traveller. By the way I live in a
house in a city where crime is committed by all sorts of people -
even handy men.

I don't give a toss what you call them but they are a PITA.

Cost Councils i.e. tax payers, a small fortune to clear up after them
and in mostly futile attempts to stop them invading public spaces,
which they then foul up.

Couple of years ago they invaded the car park serving our small town centre.
Medway Council are very hot on parking & I've had a few run ins with them -
no quarter is given.

Parking Services number was on the tarif board, so I rang them. Let them
know that Transits & caravans were all illegally parked, no pay & display
tickets, in disabled bays etc.

The guy said he would call the Councils 'traveller liason officer'. I asked
him to send a few traffic wardens down to issue tickets. Couldn't do that,
they might be intimidated.

I asked if I could park for free if I intimidated the wardens, but
apparently not.

We now have a height barrier. Which means I can't get my van in, so I have
to park half a mile away when I want to pay money into the bank.

My council tax pays for these height barriers, cleaning up the car park, the
wages of the 'liason officer' and now I can't use the piggin car park that I
pay for either.

And 'dtechy' wonders why I don't like Pikeys!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk