Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is my TV digital?

On Sat 12 Jan 2008 10:47:38a, Red told us...

On Jan 12, 10:01*am, Kevin Ricks wrote:

Isn't that limited to people who have NO TV source other than antenna?

Here is a quote from the official web site:https://www.dtv2009.gov/

.... but supplies are limited. There are 22.25 million coupons available
to all U.S. households. Once those coupons have been used, there are an
additional 11.25 million coupons available only to households that
solely receive their TV broadcasts over-the-air using an antenna.
Households with TVs connected to cable, satellite or other pay TV
service are not eligible for this second batch of coupons. Consumers can
apply for coupons until March 31, 2009, or until the funds are

exhausted.

Apparently no one is concerned that the analog VCR's are going to be
obsolete also. As I understand it, they will no longer be able to be
programmed for multiple OTA channels, but limited to the single
channel that the converter box is set to. Correct??

I'm not the least bit concerned. I never change the channel on my VCR. My
cable box is capable of programming the sequence of channels I want to
record and the timing for them. I only need to coordinate the same times
on the VCR.

My cable box is already digital. My VCR is a combo VCR/DVD
player/recorder.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 01(I)/12(XII)/08(MMVIII)