Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Fireproof safe

basic concept is to make a thermal impedance mismatch as severe as
possible - multiple layers of insulator and reflector - the metal safe is a
reflector - so insulator on the outside, then another reflector layer will
make it a better insulator
"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message

Nothing is fireproof. As you may have noticed, you can improve your home
security container by lining it with dry wall on the outside.

That is an intresting concept. " lining on the outside " .
Havent seen that done yet. :-) All the linings I've ever seen or
heard of have been on the inside. Oh well another (you know what I mean)
...lew...