Posted to alt.home.repair
Twayne Twayne is offline

Default Is my TV digital?

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:29:27 -0600,
(Chris)
wrote:

Thanks for the input everyone....Yeah, thats what I thought it might
be non-digital.
and yes I'm using the free deal with the rabbit ears....I get enough
channels that way and prefer to keep it free....the local cable co
(cox) just wants too much.
Anyway...here's the website for the converter box...
DTV Answers : DTV Converter Box Details
Address:
http://www.dtvanswers.com/dtv_converterbox.html
So if I go with their deal it should only cost me like $20 after
coupon to keep my Toshiba up and running in the year 2009. But on
the bright side they claim you will get more channels with better
quality picture. Thanks!

Looks like they did a good job of brainwashing YOU !!!!

And just where are you seeing these boxes for $60?
The least price I have seen thus far are selling for around $100.

An when you are at DTV.gov be sure to use the part entitled "locate a
local store to purchase the converter" (not necessarily those exact
words). When you get there, there are ZERO places listed for any part
of the country. Just shows how little they know or care.....

According to the mapper on antennaweb.org I will not get ANY digital
stations. I currently get 3 analog stations fairly well, (two local,
plus PBS) and 2 more that are poor quality at best, sometimes do not
come in at all. My closest tv station is 55 miles away.

PROTEST DTV.gov NOW !!!!!

I'd rather protest assholes. I protest you!