Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] letterman@invalid.com is offline

Default Is my TV digital?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:39:01 GMT, dicko
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:34:03 -0800, Bob wrote:

The antennaweb.org site is rather conservative as to which stations can
be received.

Ha! Thats an understatement. Antennaweb says I get 0 dtv stations.
Fooling around with its inputs, it says I need at least a 500 ft tower
to get any.

In reality, I get every dtv station from 3 urban areas with just a
rooftop antenna.

Bottom line: If you get any analog stations with any kind of good
signal strength, you'll be able to get dtv stations. And let me tell
you, the difference in picture quality is astounding.

And let me guess, you have HDTV, right?
Picture quality will be no different at all on a conventional tv.
I'm perfectly satisfied with analog tv on my conventional set.
I dont own a tv to have a theater in my home. I got it to watch the
news, weather reports, sports, and some movies and sitcoms at times.
It used to be an investment of $200 to buy a tv that would last for 10
years with any luck. (That works out to $20 a year). I have no
intention of spending thousands of dollars for a tv. I dont need a
perfect picture, big screen, LCD screen, stereo surround sound, and
all that crap. I dont live to own a theater, my house dont have room
for all that junk. I just like to flip on the tv when I am relaxing
and for $20 a year, it pays for itself everytime I watch a football
game or get the latest news and weather. Even if the reception is not
perfect, as long as I can see the screen and hear the sound, it's good
enough for me.

The present state of analog television is far superior to tv in the
1950's, and I watched much back in those days too. It's just this
young generation we have now who can not accept anything which is
imperfect. The'll put themselves in debt for years just to get the
perfect tv theater, then they'll have to work two or more jobs to pay
for the damn thing, while it sits in their oversized bloated home
doing nothing, and by the time it's paid for, it will be obsolete.

Us old timers have learned that there's nothing perfect in this world,
and we can enjoy what we have without complaining. At least we get to
enjoy our lives rather than spending them working in order to pay off
debts.

PROTEST DTV.gov NOW !!!

-dickm