Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gpuntman@invalid.com is offline

Default Old, wall rotary phone

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 04:20:45 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Irene" wrote in message
Will the rotary phone wiring work for a modern push button phone or is new
wiring in order? Also, what kind of phone wiring connector(s) is/are
required or needed in order for me to install a wall-mounted push button
phone in the kitchen?

The wires are the same, but the plug, if any, may differ. There are four
wires. Connect the wires to the RJ-45 wall mount jack that is available at
any hardware, home store, etc., then attach the phone to the mount.

That old rotary phone is coming back in style. There is a demand as people
are restoring older homes and want the old phones in the colors to match the
70's decor.

You should see the outrageous prices they charge for those old rotaty
phones on Ebay and other online auctions. Not that I'd want one....