Posted to alt.home.repair
Irene Irene is offline

Default Old, wall rotary phone

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:02:11 -0500, Frank wrote:

Irene wrote:
There's an old, wall-mounted rotary phone in the kitchen and it's mounted
on a rectangular board affixed to the wall. I'm sure the phone's been there
since the house was built in 1972. I'd like to take it out and replace it
with a wall-mounted push button phone.
Will the rotary phone wiring work for a modern push button phone or is new
wiring in order? Also, what kind of phone wiring connector(s) is/are
required or needed in order for me to install a wall-mounted push button
phone in the kitchen?

Also to consider: Is this an old telephone company rental?

Frank, what does it mean if the old phone had been rented from the phone
company? How would a formerly rented phone affect a conversion to a push
button phone using the same wiring?

[To contact me, drop one ' i '.]

Thanks