Posted to alt.home.repair
mg mg is offline

Default Draining a Washing Machine into a Cast Iron Sewer Pipe

I have an old house that has a cast iron pipe that runs along a cinder
block wall in the basement and then goes through the wall and exits
the house. It's probably about 40" from the basement floor to the
pipe. The clothes washer has always drained into a hole in the
basement floor, but that drain gets plugged up once in a while and
then I have to call Roto Rooter to clean it out.

Someone told me that it is possible to tap into the sewer pipe and use
it for the clothes washer drain. Does anyone know how this is done and
where to get the parts and how well it works?