Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Old, wall rotary phone

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ne-280957-.htm
:

Irene wrote:

There's an old, wall-mounted rotary phone in the kitchen and it's
mounted
on a rectangular board affixed to the wall. I'm sure the phone's been
there
since the house was built in 1972. I'd like to take it out and replace
it
with a wall-mounted push button phone.
Will the rotary phone wiring work for a modern push button phone or is
new
wiring in order? Also, what kind of phone wiring connector(s) is/are
required or needed in order for me to install a wall-mounted push
button
phone in the kitchen?

Old wiring will work just fine. You will need a wall-mount jack which can
be picked up in a hardware store. It usually has screw terminals inside so
all you need is a screw driver to install it. Well, I'm skipping the part
where you remove insulation from the wires. I've seen it done in many
different ways using wire stripper, snips, knife, teeth, nails etc. Wire
stripper being the neatest and the safest.

Good luck!

\//.