Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Old, wall rotary phone

Irene wrote:

There's an old, wall-mounted rotary phone in the kitchen and it's mounted
on a rectangular board affixed to the wall. I'm sure the phone's been there
since the house was built in 1972. I'd like to take it out and replace it
with a wall-mounted push button phone.
Will the rotary phone wiring work for a modern push button phone or is new
wiring in order? Also, what kind of phone wiring connector(s) is/are
required or needed in order for me to install a wall-mounted push button
phone in the kitchen?

[To contact me, drop one ' i '.]

Thanks

Hi,
Of course it will work. I think you'll need a little phone junction box
to accomodate RJ-45 plug. ie. you have to adopt pair of wires to modular
RJ-45 plug. If I were you I'd install DECT 6.0 cordless phone base and
scatter the sub sets around the house for convenience.