Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony[_3_] Mike Dobony[_3_] is offline

Default Is my TV digital?

DA wrote:
DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...al-280740-.htm
:
Mike Dobony wrote:

The 2009 deadline only applies to the free air TV.

Define "free." I say force the FCC commissioners to
PERSONALLY pay for
every analog TV to be replaced!

Didn't mean to start a fight. I simply meant "freely propagating through
the air" as opposed to "channeled to your home through a cable of some
kind for which you have to pay"

As for why the switch, get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak:

http://www.dtv.gov/consumercorner.html#faq2

Typical artificial government nonsense. Why not open up the other bands
to such uses. It also wreaks havoc with all kinds of existing radio
equipment, such as w/l microphones. Force all kinds of consumer to buy
new equipment even though the old stuff was still in good working
condition (thousands of $ to replace some of it) because some idiots who
are too stupid to work at McDonalds want to control us. Government is
best which governs least.

\//.