Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default Toilet Seat Down

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"SteveB" wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message

-snip-
I spent 11 months in Germany, 1971.

The men's urinal was a tiled wall, whizz and it ran down the wall.
Trough (sp) at the bottom drained into a floor drain. The wall was
rinsed/flushed by a pipe system (I can't describe).

Old drive in movies in Las Vegas used to have those.

I ran across at least one in [probably] NY in the mid-late 50's.
Either on the Thruway or in a hotel in Yonkers or Poughkeepsie.

The old 1st Bn. barracks on Parris Island had a stainless steel trough
in '68. It was urinal height, but allowed a lot more Marines to
stand elbow to elbow for the 2 minute ****-call.

Jim

That's common in England - usually a stainless trough the width of one wall.