Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Tiles for a shop floor?

neverwas wrote:

Firstly, are there any regs. about fitting such flooring in a shop?

I hope someone who knows will come along soon. I don't know. What I do
recall (from reviewing spending on public areas in a past job) is that
decisions on flooring need to take account not just of health and safety
(eg slipping, such as you mention) but also the DDA (eg is there a clear
and safe transition at the entrance for wheel chair users,
blind/partially sighted). I would have expected the Post Office and/or
the National Federation of SubPostmasters to have requirements/guidance
on this.

In the meantime dare I suggest that you jump on the risk-avoidance
bandwagon and wait to see if your client faints at the price?

I'm not too keen on doing it really. They seem a little picky ("I want
large vinyl tiles on there"), and I imagine they will be watching me all
the time, as well as there being loads of stuff to shift in the shop,
and doing it over a weekend.
On the other hand, I'm short of work, so cannot really turn down much.
Alan.