Posted to uk.d-i-y
Darren1971 Darren1971 is offline

Default Fitting / plumbing a ceiling-mounted shower

On 11 Jan, 15:01, John Rumm wrote:

It all sounds a bit over complex...

I would have thought sticking a wood batten between a couple of joists,
and arranging the pipe to run horizontally to the batten, and then use
an elbow to pop down through a hole in the batten. The end of the pipe
fitted with suitable fitting to take the shower pipe at about finished
ceiling level, and screwed to the underside of the batten.

Have a look at the way John has provided a mounting for a bar mixer
shower in a stud wall toward the end of this article:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Bar-type_Showe...

Imaging something like:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...wer_valve_stud...

but mounted in a ceiling with a single pipe from your mixer valve.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

That's superb. Just what I was after. I'm all for keeping it simple! I
think that's why my original idea troubled me.

Thanks a million John, much appreciated..

Darren