Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is my TV digital?

On Jan 10, 8:40*pm, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:
Chris wrote:
Hello all....not sure where to ask this question but I know there are
alot of knowledgible people in this group so here goes.

I have a 27" Toshiba flat screen (#27AF44) I bought in 2004, it has a
real good picture,. I'm trying to figure out if this televison is
digital or not? I've done some research but still not sure.
I know it has a 3-line digital comb filter, but not sure that makes it a
digital tv?

As we know...in 2009 all tv's must be digital to function with new
digital signal in 09. I have the website to order a digital converter
box but want to make sure if this Toshiba is digital ready or....it's
not?
I would call best buy but figure they won't know or I would get
run-around, they probably don't carry this model anymore.
TIA.

* What does the owner's manual say?

If you don't have the manual, you can download it at:

*http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisi...?model=27af44- Hide quoted text -

It doesn't matter what the owner's manual says. A 27" TV which is
just a flat screen TV, purchased in 2004, almost certainly did not
have a digital tuner built-in. Beyond that, it doesn't matter. The
converter boxes that are being sold will convert digital ATSC
broadcasts and output signals that any older TV with NTSC tuner can
receive. It's similar to hooking up a VCR, etc.