Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Education--second question

"dpb" wrote in message ...
dpb wrote:

Sheridan for his derring-do, so to speak as unattached cavalry to see
what he thought of how it went as opposed to what Sherman thought and
expected. ...

Grant, not Sherman intended there, of course...

All these guys are pretty doggone impressive when you look at their
lifelong body of work not just the Civil War era. Makes most of the
folks we hear of today seem pretty small ime(stimation) in comparison.

I'm also constantly reminded of what "tough" really meant--the 12-yr old
regimental drummer boys, for example. Where are 12-yr olds today?

--

Knifing each other on the playground to protect dope-selling turf....