Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default OT dual boot Vista and XP

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:31:57 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:10:02 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

My January landlord has a custom embroidery business. Her old XP 'puter
died. The very expensive embroidery design software doesn't see the
dongle
on her new vista box. An upgrade to vista for this software is $750.

Anyway, has anyone run XP and vista on the same box? I found this tutorial
and find it a bit daunting:
http://www.apcstart.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

Will this work well? Other suggestions? Should i tell her to pop for a
second hard disk? NOTE: she didn't get CDs of the OS and software with
the
new 'puter so we're hosed if i screw up.

Karl

Why run Vista? It sucks badly.

google "xp most wanted" version

Indian kid modded Xp pretty well, and its available on the net free.
Pirate ware of course, but it runs very well. Ahum...or so its
claimed..aherm....

Gunner

I've used that version I think, it's missing a few things to make room for
other things. Way cool! See my post on moding XP. The problem with some
new boxes is that they don't HAVE xp drivers available, so modified OS don't
help any.

Vista ain't so bad if you have a new box with LOTS of horsepower and tons of
memory. It's all there, just figure out where to find it. I'll wait for
SP2 before I commit critical people or applications...it's pretty, though
bloaty.