Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Mystery Parts

Pete Snell wrote:
Paul K. Dickman wrote:

The indexing unit is definitely off an atlas mill.

Great! Might be worth cleaning up and finding some parts for. Thanks!

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...ifiedmisc1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...ifiedMisc2.jpg

These are parts from several things. The big yoke is part of a drill
press mortising rig, and the block with clamp and the forked bit are
from an atlas wheel dresser for a tool post grinder.

The wheel dresser makes perfect sense. I hadn't thought of that. Could
the 'grinding rests' be for sharpening end mills on the same set up?

Thanks alot!

Pete

Pete, I have a tailstock that matches!

Pretty close to the matching paint chips!

Wanna make a deal? Either way?

If you were inclined to be parting with the headstock, we might make
an arrangement, as I have a small mill it would fit.

If not, we could deal on the tailstock...

Definately Atlas!

Email me if you want to see the pictures.

Cheers
Trevor Jones