Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Easiest, simplest top loader washer that one can repairthemselves?

On Jan 10, 8:04 am, wrote:
I'm in market for cheap top loader washer..... live
alone so it wont be used a lot.

However, I'm curious if any brands are more "modular"
or easier to self-repair than others?

Does a $400 Whirlpool washer have direct drive ( no
belts) .....and a modular design for easy repair?

If you want cheap to acquire & easy to repair.......

I would suggest an older used Maytag that you pickup cheap on
Craigslist.

People are always moving not wanting to take their machines with them.

I've got a 25+ year old Maytag that used to do ~15 loads a week but in
that last 5 years I'm down to under 10 loads. Only repairs / maint
have been the belts & the water inlet valve assembly.

Get a 10 year old one in decent condition at a good price & it will
most likely last for a LONG time.

My neighbor bought a new front loader combo set for $1200+ and its
had two service calls (so far).

Gotta do a lot of wash to save $1000 in hot & cold water.

cheers
Bob