Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Default Easiest, simplest top loader washer that one can repairthemselves?

On Jan 10, 11:39�am, wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:04:07 -0600, wrote:
I'm in market for cheap top loader washer..... live
alone so it wont be used a lot.

However, I'm curious if any brands are more "modular"
or easier to self-repair than others?

Does a $400 Whirlpool washer have direct drive ( no
belts) .....and a modular design for easy repair?

Whirlpool/Kenmore/Roper/Estate (and some I can't think of right now)
all use the same basic hardware. They really don't break often and
when they do they are easy to fix. Basically you will be putting in a
couple sets of agitator dogs, a couple motor couplers and jumperring
out/ replacing the top lid switch if you keep it 20 years (based on my
experiences with the half dozen I have fixed for family and neighbors.
I would go for the mechanical timer style

You could check this out, too. He also has a video on the site on the
subject
http://fixitnow.com/wp/2004/11/11/ma...e-samurai-buy/