Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Snell Pete Snell is offline

Default Mystery Parts

John Martin wrote:
The dividing head is an indexing head, but a pretty simple one. Used
with a milling machine, shaper or planer, surface or cutter grinder.
A true dividing head has gearing and index plates that will allow a
variety of indexing options.
This one is limited to the number of teeth on whatever gear is
installed on it.
Should have a tailstock.

Yeah, it should have a tailstock, unfortunately it doesn't. It's also
missing the split cotter lock for the spindle. ;-) Any idea who the
manufacturer might have been? Atlas?

Misc1 - upper right: quill adapter for a drill press to allow mounting
hollow chisels for mortising.

That was my thought as well, but the finish is the same as the other
parts in the picture, which made me think it might have been something
else, but I can't see how all those parts are related. You're probably
right.

Thanks

Pete

--
Pete Snell
Department of Physics

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence
over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.

Richard Feynman.(1918-1988)
Personal Observations on the Reliability of the (Space) Shuttle.