Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota
Hachiroku ハチロク Hachiroku ハチロク is offline

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:48:30 +0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Hachiroku ????" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 17:57:06 +0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

and his replacement with his long-term sidekick Brown. Because of
various political gaffes and demonstrations of ineptitude, Brown has
lost a considerable amount of political ground

Perhaps because of NOT calling a General Election he had alluded to, and
for someone losing 25M records?

We'll see. Over on this side, we generally like the British, and though
Blair may have been a 'lap dog', we really like him over here. He was
the best ally we had since Churchill.

Dig up some archival footage of Blair's first meeting with Clinton, and
*then* look at Blair's first meeting with Bush. With Clinton I thought
they were going to have to surgically separate them, and with Bush I
thought there was going to be a hockey game...in the middle of July!

We really appreciated Blair's friendship after 9/11. I was amazed at how
fast his 'chill' for Bush reverted.

There are some answers to all of this, but it will be quite long. I will
confine it to your Toyota group, if you want to hear them . You OK with
that ? Or I will mail you direct if you would prefer ? In the meantime,
see Graham's post about the Channel 4 programme "The Great Global Warming
Swindle". It was excellent, if you did not see it over there. I believe it
is available on YouTube.

Arfa

Ya, mon, c'mon over to the Toyota group. Occasionally we talk about cars,
too!

This is from a post I made this morning, after listening to the BBC:

"China announces plastic bag ban"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7178287.stm

(China has announced a ban on plastic shopping bags, just like San
Francisco. But for what reason? The BBC reporter can't figure it out.
Let's give him a hand!)

(I sent this comment to the BBC

I can't understand why Quinten Somerville can't understand the Chinese
concern with plastic bags. In his first report he said, "...there are
bigger polluters like coal-fired power plants...". In his second report he
said "Green Peace hasn't said anything about plastic bags". In both cases
he answered his own quandry witin one breath: "...it takes 37 Million
barrels of oil to prduce these bags..."

The concern has nothing to do with pollution, or Green Peace; it has to do
with the 37 Million barrels of oil. Why waste a resource to produce
something that adds no value? The bags can't be recylcled into something
of value, and oil resources can be used for much more lucrative pursuits
such as computer parts, consumer goods or fuel for China's rapidly growing
automobile culture.