Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimmers

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
Anyone know if a three gang switch exists where two are normal switches &
one is a dimmer?

You can make one up using the MK gridswitch system.
Use the 3 modules in a double width box mouting frame
and facia. Won't be cheap, but MK are known for their
high quality dimmers.

Just typed the parts into a CPC order form...

PL00673 1 K4501WHI GRID PLUS DIMMER SWITCH £33.00
PL00653 2 K4882WHI GRID PLUS SWITCH MODULE - 2 WAY £2.68 x 2
PL00639 1 K3633WHI GRID PLUS - 2 GANG/3 WAY PLATE £2.60
PL00646 1 K3703 GRID PLUS - 3 WAY PLATE £1.63

CPC also do a grid system by RPP which gets 3 modules
into a single width box. I have them in my living room,
and I had to replace the switches after about 5 years
as they fell apart (and they're only switching 12V 1mA
signal wires in my case).

--
Andrew Gabriel