Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Attic Roof Insulation

PCPaul wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 20:21:34 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:54:23 -0000, Michael Shergold wrote:

Have you investigated Renotherm? http://www.renotherm.co.uk/ I'd be
interested to hear if anyone has used this company or similar.
I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

If you put that into your loft I wouldn't buy your house.

OK, I'll bite. This stuff has been around now long enough to show any bad
effects - have any been seen in the flesh?

My (rented) place has the attic done like this. Seems OK so far, but then
again I don't know how long it's been in place...

I presume the issue is condensation/rot in the timbers?

I might be paranoid, and wrong, but I don't need to take the chance.

When this is on the inside of the tiles the condition of the timbers
cannot be assessed. It's been used because there is some kind of problem
with the roof, and it hides whatever the problem is. That's enough to
put me off.

Andy