Posted to uk.d-i-y
keith_765[_2_] keith_765[_2_] is offline

Default Attic Roof Insulation

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:54:23 -0000, Michael Shergold wrote:

Have you investigated Renotherm? http://www.renotherm.co.uk/
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has used this company or similar.

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. How does any damp that gets onto
the timbers get out again in a timely manner? To me it's asking for the
roof timbers to rot. And when the time comes to replace the roof properly
it's going to be a right mess and probably require far more replacement
timber than otherwise would be required. As a buyer of a property I'd be
very wary of place with it, what is it hiding?

In the long term and for sale-abilty you are far better off stripping the
roof, replacing timbers as required, putting on a modern breathable
sarking and replacing the orginal tiles/slates. You will need some new but
put them round the back or something.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail