Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-connecting cut telephone cable

In article
,
Andy Dingley wrote:
Back when I worked for BT and did installs we had it drummed into us
where to run cables correctly (i.e. go up and over a door, not under
it), and how important it was to do so even if it made the job longer
to carry out.

Yes the architrave and skirting board people as a chippy mate used to call
them. Making a mess of his neat work.

IMHO the correct place for telephone cables - and any other - is under the
floorboards etc - ie concealed. That way they can't get damaged either.

BTW - never knew a BT inside man who would take five minutes for a job
where one would 'do'.

--
*The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.