Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD JD is offline

Default Time to make a bowl (for use in setting a price)

I agree. It basically boils down to what the market will bear. Here in
south central Kentucky, I can get $65 for a spectacular 12 inch bowl
that in, say Louisville, might fetch twice as much. Basically, I
started by naming a price on what I thought it would sell for. After I
sold a few, I managed to understand what the breaking point was and
have begun selling a few.

Another thing to remember is that there is a huge difference in
selling your bowls as a hobby versus selling you bowls to make a
living. As a hobby, I managed to squirrel away enough money to pay for
my family and I to fly to Germany in May to visit the outlaws, err
inlaws.

Good luck,
JD