Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bit OT. CFLs revisited.

wrote in message
I have one CFL light bulb in my kitchen and one in my bathroom, I never
turn those two lights off.I use them only because they last for
years.The other light bulbs in my house are General Electric Reveal
incandescent light bulbs.In my opinion, CFL light bulbs should be
outlawed in America.
cuhulin

In my opinion, they should be outlawed world-wide. Period. Suddenly, just as
the government here in the UK looks set to ban sales of incandescents, a
movement is rearing up to bring to the attention of the great unwashed ( and
the dumb politicians ) the potential hazards of using, accidentally
breaking, and safely disposing of CFLs. I sincerely hope that it gains
sufficient momentum to cast enough doubt over this dreadful knee-jerk
technology, to knock its viability as a direct replacement for
incandescents, firmly on the head ...

Arfa