Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default "Mighty Putty" On TV ?

Father Haskell wrote:
On Jan 7, 2:54 pm, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

For every use they make of it, there's something far better. However,
we
do have one roll of it in the junk drawer, in case some problem
appears
where it would be the ideal thing. A single roll isn't terribly
expensive,
but there's no point buying half a dozen at once, as Charlie Bress
pointed
out.

Shelf life isn't all that great. Gets lumpy as the two parts react
from
being in contact. No sense buying more than one tube to go bad in a
year.

To that point I'll mention that I keep all my epoxies and superglues in
our kitchen freezer door shelf and their working life seems limitless.

It only takes a few minutes to bring them back to room temperature when
needed.

I've got some rather costly electrically conductive epoxy that's been in
there at least ten years and when I occasionally need a small amount to
bridge some unsolderable joint the stuff works as well as it did when I
first got it.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia