Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Bit OT. CFLs revisited.

wrote in news:23303-477D5872-1992@storefull-
3258.bay.webtv.net:

Energy Saving Bulbs 'Can Cause Migranes' Warn Experts.
www.standeyo.com

.......Larry

Slightly different CFL 'headache'.

Wife bought a couple of 4 packs of '40 watt equivalent' CFL bulbs [mfgr
unknown].

I put 3 of them in a fixture in the kitchen.
Even with the kitchen dimmer at minimum, and the other kitchen lights very
dim, the CFLs are almost full brightness.

Shows that they are rather efficient but dimming them may be a bit of a
headache.

Also, I note that the package warns about possible radio frequency
interference and advises not to use near vital communications equipment.

Argh!

I am going to look for some LED lights.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k