Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry Mike Henry is offline

Default Clausing 5914 has arrived

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
In article ,
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

On 2008-01-02, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

snip

The nice lady at Clausing suggested that I call Royal for information on
the closer, and gave me their 800 number.

I did not find a model number on the closer, so I hope that the fact
that it is fitted to a 5914 suffices.

FWIW, the Royal collet closer on my 5914 also has no specific part number on
it anywhere.

Are you getting the closer manual from Clausing or Royal? Last I heard,
Royal was about to stop selling manual closers in favor or automatic
versions. If that's true it could make a lot of sense to get all of your
questions asked (and replacement parts bought) now. In time the supply of
parts and availability of knowledgeable tech support will disappear.