Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strange electric situation - advice?

wrote in message
I installed a new subpanel and several new circuits in my basement and
just recently passed inspection, fired them up, and they work great.
Last step now is to remove the old lights which hang below the joists
so that I can drywall the ceiling. However, when attempting to cut
off power to these basement lights, I successively turned off every
breaker in the main panel, checked the lights, and they were still
on! Cutting the main power to the panel kills the lights, but no
individual breaker (other than the main) does the trick. Any
suggestions?

Yeah. Official electrician's term: Something's all ****ed up.

Start over, but spend a couple of hours at the library first, reading some
books about home wiring.