Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Thread Lock

Mike Dobony wrote:
I have occasionally seen bolts with a dot of thread lock on them. Any
idea what kind of thread lock this is? I need it on a flashlight end
cap and cannot have the normal liquid type as it would destroy the
electrical connection. Thanks.

I think those compounds are uv- or otherwise "set", not just a "dab-on"
application.

Not sure of a specific recommendation, but Permatex and others have a
bundle of options. Whether there's one really adapted that's readily
available I don't know, though.

I'd probably look at something more mechanical if it were mine,
however--peening a thread a little, figuring out how to add a o-ring or
somesuch as a friction washer, etc., ... or, start over w/ a different
flashlight.