Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-connecting cut telephone cable

In article ,
petek writes:
I haven't asked him but I believe it's just bog standard extension
cable that you could buy in any DIY store for internal use. There is
plenty of slack apparently. He told me it was 5 way, but he may be
mistaken and it's actually 6 way.

Well, it will either be 4 or 6 core, probably with a rip cord.
You need to get something like this:
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...sp?sku=TE04166
You can probably get something similar in Maplin.
There are also punchdown types which are more professional, but
if you haven't used punchdown before and have not got a punchdown
tool, then I suggest getting a screw terminal type.

--
Andrew Gabriel