Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default Are spindle adapters safe?

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 02:58:47 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

I'm looking at this:
http://tinyurl.com/ynodeo
at Amazon and wonder if it's safe...

It seems better to bring down the new lathe to match my present accessories
(vac chucks, etc.) than bring the other 2 lathes UP to 1 1/4"..

No picture on your link, at least for me. The downside of most
spindle-size adaptors is that they extend everything further from the
headstock.

Well, I'll admit that I haven't seen the lathe that I'm getting in person, but
if it's like my 2 Jets, I'd enjoy the chuck being a little farther from the
headstock... and I have the scars to prove it.. ;-]

My gut feeling is that PSI isn't going to put their name on something that's
going to break under normal use, but I would like to see if anyone has used
one..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing