Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tonita tonita is offline

Default Programming a remote

Thanks again. I will try that and see what happens.

On Jan 6, 7:15*pm, msg wrote:
tonita wrote:
And where will I see this code? *When I follow the instructions for
the remote, I don't really know if it is working or not. *I mean the
light goes on, then flickers for a second as it says it should, but
after that, nothing. *I know I sound completely ignorant (I suppose I
am) with this procedure, but it is quite frustrating.

snip

I have a booklet for an RCA universal remote in front of me; here is
what it says for the 'code search' procedu

1. Press and hold CODE SEARCH until the indicator light lights, then
* * release CODE SEARCH. The indicator light should remain lit.
2. Press and release the device button for the device being programmed,
* * e.g. TV; the indicator light should blink once and remain lit.
3. Point the remote control at the TV and repeatedly press the ON-OFF
* * button until the TV turns off (up to 200 times may be necessary).
4. When you find a code that works, press ENTER; the indicator light
* * will go off, and the code is stored.

You can retrieve this code's number as follows:

1. Press CODE SEARCH until the indicator light goes on.
2. Press TV, light blinks once.
3. Press CODE SEARCH, light goes off.
4. Press keypad numbers in order 0 - 9 while watching the light, when
* * it blinks, note that digit, then repeat, 0 - 9 for the remaining
* * digits.

Now you have a working code. *You can repeat this entire procedure from
the top to get additional codes. *This is for the RCU410WMS remote control
and the procedure may be different for your model.

Regards,

Michael