Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tonita tonita is offline

Default Programming a remote

And where will I see this code? When I follow the instructions for
the remote, I don't really know if it is working or not. I mean the
light goes on, then flickers for a second as it says it should, but
after that, nothing. I know I sound completely ignorant (I suppose I
am) with this procedure, but it is quite frustrating.

On Jan 6, 6:47*pm, msg wrote:
tonita wrote:
Thanks, Michael. *What do you mean "power cycle"? *You mean when the
set goes off or on? *Should I be seeing something on the screen? *How
will I know what the codes are?

Tonita,

The universal remote's code search function (usually) sends a 'power'
command to the set; this command will either power-on the set if it
is off or power-off the set if it is on. *You need only watch to
see if it works (the set honors the command). *When you find a code
or codes that work, make a note of them (usually a 3-digit number)
and try them using the programming procedure for the remote to see
how well they control the set. *Pick the code that has the most
functionality with your set (it is often a compromise).

Regards,

Michael