Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Washing machine - white streaks

In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , geoff
writes

Being a bit hard of thinking ATM, and the only two times I've touched
a washing machine in 20 years was to change bearings or plumb in a new
one, ...

SWMBO is telling me that there are white powdery streaks on some
washed items

What is it ?

Should cleaning out the detergent dispensers and running it empty for
a cycle clear it out, or is there something deeper I haven't thought
of ?

what does it smell of?
what texture?
Are the items with the streaks washed at a lower temperature?
Are the dispensers gungy?

It's probably undissolved powder so running it through with some
pre-mixed washing solution & washing soda at max temperature on Cotton
wash should fix it. & yes, clean out the dispensers if necessary.

Is it failing to heat the water sufficiently in the cold weather
perhaps?

Done the above (not with washing soda) so we'll see how the next wash
goes

cheers everyone

--
geoff