Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Genie garage remote and how to unlock door

They're an optional add on for vault type garages and storage units that
have no other entry point.

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i...infgar61i.html

http://www.aaaremotes.com/emrelkit.html

There's no use for them on standard home garages where's there's another
door into the garage.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Never heard of that type of set-up before. Sounds interesting, except
for the need to carry around (or hide) a key for the very, very rare
cases where I would need to open the opener-controlled door from the
outside during a power failure. I assume this is only required for a
garage where the only way in is through the opener-controlled door.
Otherwise, why wouldn't I use another entrance and pull the cable from
the inside?