Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tonita tonita is offline

Default Programming a remote

I have a symphonic television (don't know the age of this but seems
relatively newer) without a remote control. I have an rca universal
remote but the instructions I'm finding online are a little
confusing. I bought the remote new a while ago and never used it.
Now, how to program the remote to work with the Symphonic TV? One
step of the instructions I found says to press and hold the code
search button until the correct code is found but how do you know when
that is? Can anyone help me program this remote to work with this tv?