Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Extrude-hone gone wrong!!!!!

Carl Byrns wrote:

"Dixon" wrote in message
. ..

A friend sent me this post from a personal watercraft tech chat site. If
this guy is for real he should make Darwins list;

Porting trouble

Hey guys, I've got a 93 Superjet. I've had a pipe and modded ignition for
a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and
polish the intake and exhaust ports. We found out they used abrasive
material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes
Fords and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting
sand and hooked up into the intake and started the ski with it hooked up
to the flush kit. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let
the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and
then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust port and
manifold.

I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as
long as we added a little more premix than usual. After running it and
letting it suck in sand we got about quarter way through a 25 lb bag. The
engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and
hooked the F/A back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to
start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and
kept making weird noises. We just kept trying to run it to blow more sand
out but it started to make scraping and knocking noises.

Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Fords so he
doesn't know much about Yamaha pwc motors.
__________________
650 Superjet

(Can anyone actually be this stupid?)
Dixon

Actually, this is a performance enhancement EVERY jet ski jockey should make
to his steed.

-Carl (just kidding... sort of)

I'm all for it. Not kidding, either!

That, or a muffler that works!