Grant Erwin

Default Iscar Parting Tool and Tool Block Question...

I use the .087" inserts on a 9" South Bend. Most of the time it cuts
like butter. I tried the .120" inserts on an AXA-71 blade/holder but
my lathe just wasn't rigid enough.

Grant

Randal O'Brian wrote:

The tool block is supposed to go in a QC holder. I have the set-up, but I
don't know if it is T cut or F cut, but I suspect it is T cut since it is
several years old. Anyway, I use 0.120" type N inserts and am pleased with
it. Iscar's catalog is very confusing and short on text.

Randy

"Steve" wrote in message
om...

I am looking into buying an Iscar Parting Tool for my Sheldon 13x36. I
have a BXA toolpost and the lathe is variable speed. I looked through
a few catalogs and am confused at what to buy. It looks like the Iscar
New Line Plus is what I need but I want to make sure before I drop the
$$$. They make an F cut and a T cut and I have no idea what these
mean. I checked the website and it wasn't any help. There is a SGFH
model and a SGIH model.

Also, does this require a tool block to be used and if so how does it
work? I understand the tool goes in the block but does the tool block
go into a QC holder and then into the tool post? It looks like that is
how it would have to be. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve