Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mark Johnson Mark Johnson is offline

Default Christmas present - painting frame

Happy new year all.

My sister called the week before Christmas to ask me to make a frame for a
watercolor painting that she wanted to give our grandmother. When she gave
me the dimensions, I found an off-cut of curly cherry that was the perfect
size - literally no waste aside from the planer shavings and mitered
corners.

She wanted something simple, so the frame is just a 10 deg bevel with a 1/4"
cove on the inside edge. Resawn from a width of 8/4 curly cherry (book
matched of course), 1 1/4" wide, finished with General Finishes Arm R Seal.
The first coat had a few drops of Trans Tint red mahogany and dark mission
brown to help pop the grain, subsequent coats were clear.

-MJ
www.mjhkstudios.com/woodwork
(new website in progress...)

Attached Thumbnails
Christmas present - painting frame-paintingframe01-jpg  Christmas present - painting frame-paintingframe03-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PaintingFrame02.jpg (36.4 KB, 35 views)