Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2008 Pres

wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 03:36:17 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

I'll bet you've never walked into school without an appointment and
***TOLD*** the principal you intend to sit in a few classes. Remember that
you are THE CUSTOMER, and the school personnel are YOUR EMPLOYEES. Don't
ever forget that.

I stayed on them while my kid was in school but I am not as active
now. The problem is in the whole culture of the educational
establishment. It is virtually all made of of people who went to
school when they were 5 years old and never left.
Any challenge to their power or budgets automatically makes you
"against the children". The solution to everything is "more money".
Right now the best secular private school in town is quite a bit
cheaper than what we pay for public school students.

That's weird. I've never experienced these things, and our school district's
nothing fancy. But, this is NY, where everything sucks and taxes are too
high, according to people who've never been here. We do have certain
expectations of our schools, though.